2020 – Winter Teaser Answer
We asked for the location and previous use of this attractive house.
This building was formerly the Hurst Hill Tavern and is located at the junction of Clifton Street with Caddick Street and Turls Hill Road. It closed in 2009 and was converted into domestic accommodation in 2011. The property is a key feature within the Coppice Conservation Area.
The public house was built around 1845 and many of the publicans and their families appear in census records.