We can summarise the history of this institution as follows:
1870 - Forster's Elementary Education Bill was passed. This introduced the new National Schools with Boards to manage them in each District.
1873 - Sedgley became a School Board District.
1876 - Sedgley's first Board of nine members elected.
1877 - Daisy Bank believed to be first school built by the Board. Stonework on the front gables proudly recorded: Sedgley Board Schools ~ Daisy Bank Schools
Circa 1894 - Board powers passed to the newly formed Coseley Urban District Council.
1896 - Buildings enlarged.
1897 - Average attendance at the schools was 501.
1902 -Coseley became a Part lll Local Elementary Education Authority.
Circa 1910 - Attendance around 600.
Circa 1910 - Samuel Hale 'head master' and Miss Hannah Walters, 'mistress' were in charge of this 'mixed & infants' school.
Circa 1930 - School came under the control of Staffordshire County Council.
1966 - Boundary changes 'moved' school into Wolverhampton's hands.
1980s to date - Daisy Bank Centre for community use & Library.
The upper image shows the building's Ash Street frontage.
The lower photograph shows the Lane Street side of the school .
All photographs taken in February 2002.